Friday, May 15, 2009

James Orwig's 90th Birthday

I just received a note from James Orwig's daughter, Peggy, regarding his 90th birthday, which will be on May 30th.

If you've read Ordinary Heroes: Six Stars in the Window, you know the significant role that James Orwig played in the book and in the life of John Leslie Koski. But if you haven't met him in person, you may not know what an extraordinary man he is. He truly is a gentleman and a scholar, a soldier and a philosopher, an educator and a writer. He is a great American and a significant person.

I am very grateful to have known him and am honored that I was able to play some part in documenting his service to our country.

I hope you will join me in offering my best wishes to James Orwig on his 90th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment